These apple crisps can be snacked on all day long. Enjoy them as is or sprinkle them with a dusting of lemony sugar.
Servings: around 30 chips
Preparation and Cooking Time: 4 h 30
60 ml (¼ cup) granulated sugar
Lemon garnish (optional)
1. Spread sugar in a flat plate.
2. Wash lemon very well. With a citrus zester, peel off 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon zest.
3. Combine sugar and zest with a spoon, crushing together if needed.
1. Preheat oven to 87°C (170°F).
2. Wash apples, then remove core and stem.
3. With a sharp knife or mandolin, cut apple into thin slices, around 3 mm (1/10 in) thick.
4. Place apple slices on a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake in oven 4 hours, turning halfway through.
6. Optional: Once apples are cooked, dip them in lemony sugar then shake off to remove excess.
These apple chips will keep for a few days in a sealed container at room temperature.
Note: If the sugar does not adhere well to apple slices, just brush them lightly with a fine layer of lemon juice ahead of sugaring.