Family and friends are coming over for brunch? Try this simple yet original waffle recipe that features two of our best local products.
*This recipe requires a waffle iron.
Servings: around 8 waffles
Preparation and Cooking Time: 30 minutes
500 ml (2 cups) all-purpose flour
30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar
15 ml (1 tbsp) baking powder
3 ml (½ tsp) salt
325 ml (1 ½ cups) milk
90 ml (6 tbsp) canola oil
125 ml (½ cup) applesauce
5 ml (1 tsp) culinary lavender (angustifolia)
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients until smooth and homogenous.
2. Leave to rest for 5 minutes or so.
3. Preheat waffle iron to recommended temperature.
4. Pour a little batter into waffle iron (follow manufacturer’s directions for quantity).
5. Cook until waffles are golden.
6. Remove and serve very hot.
Note: Delicious with a drizzle of maple syrup, these waffles can also be garnished with warm applesauce.