For a more-than-successful appetizer, try our quick recipe of honey-garlic roasted skewered apples!
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 4 minutes
Servings : 4 skewers
- 65 mL (¼ cup) honey
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Salt and ground pepper
4 Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cut into large 2 cm x 2 cm cubes
½ lb (250 g) of grilling cheese, cut into large 2 cm x 2 cm cubes
Fresh basil, chopped
- 1. Preheat the BBQ to 400ºF.
2. In a bowl, combine the honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Thread cheese and apples onto skewers, alternating between apples and cheese, to get skewers with 4 pieces of apples and 3 pieces of cheese.
4. Brush the skewers with honey sauce.
5. Grill the skewers for 1 minute on each side or until they are well grilled.
6. Brush with sauce 2 or 3 times throughout cooking.
7. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.