This mash with a twist pairs perfectly with braised meats and stews. A simple side that provides a break from traditional mashed potatoes!
Servings: 4 to 6
Preparation and Cooking Time: 40 minutes
7 yellow apples
2 large potatoes
60 ml (¼ cup) milk
30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
Nutmeg, to taste
Salt and pepper
1. Wash, peel and rough slice potatoes, apples and parsnips.
2. Place parsnips and potatoes in a pot of salted cold water, then bring to a boil.
3. In a second pot of cold water, place apples, then bring to a boil.
4. Boil fruits and vegetables over medium heat around 15 minutes (or until tender).
5. Drain, combine in one of the pots and mash.
6. Microwave milk until lightly warm and pour over mash. Add butter, salt and pepper, then mix thoroughly.
7. Sprinkle with a little nutmeg to taste.
Note: You can adjust the proportion of parsnip and apple according to your taste.