Add your personal touch to Holiday wishes by making these embroidered cards that even kids will love crafting!
What you’ll need
Cotton, wool or polyester thread (your choice of colours)
Kraft paper cards or foldable cardboard paper
Washi tape (optional)
Felt pompons (optional)
* Safe kid-friendly plastic needles can be found in arts & crafts stores.
- 1.If you wish to paint a form or draw on your card, first outline contours using Washi tape (it’s easy to remove), then paint the inside with the desired motif. Let dry a few minutes. Carefully remove Washi tape.
- 2.Choose the embroidery design and, if needed, trace on card using a pencil.
- 3.To protect the inside of your card, place an unused cardboard under the flap. Using the needle end, poke small threading holes in the card.
- 4.With the needle, stitch the chosen motif, following previous perforations.
- 5.If needed, carefully erase pencil blueprint.
- 6.Add more decorative elements as required (mini-pompons, etc.).
- 7.Write your Holiday wishes and… offer!
Follow Allen’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/allenscanada.